This is an analysis of the poem Tidings Of Good that begins with:
Old Nick from his place of last resort
Came up and looked the world over.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcX efef ghgh dddd iXij jjjj kXkX dddd kbkX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110010101 11110110 1110100011 10101010 1110110111 11011010 00101011001 11101100 111101011 11101010 1011110111 01001010 11100100111 01001110 11001001001 01101010 0100111101 10101010 0100100100 11001010 110101101 00111010 111110101 01010010 11000100101 11011010 1101001001 11001010 1101100100 111001010 11001011001 101001110 1101001000 1110010110 1101111101 11001010 1100111111 11101010 0111101011 11011110
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word 'the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tidings Of Good;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.