This is an analysis of the poem Finis Aeternitatis that begins with:
Strolling at sunset in my native land,
With fruits and flowers thick on either hand,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXa aabX ccXc XdXX dddd bbdb eeXe aaea bbab bbdb ccXX ccXX ffcX ggXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011101101 0111011101 1101110111 0101010111 11011101011 1101011101 1011011111 0101010011 1111110101 1001000101 1101010101 0101110101 11110111110 1111110101 0111110111 0101010111 1011010101 101101100101 0101011111 1001010101 1111010011 0101010101 1011000101 1100100001 1111011101 0101010101 0101010101 1001110001 1100011001 1111010101 1101110101 0101010101 0001010101 1011010111 1000111101 1000010111 11010101001 0101111101 0101110111 1111010111 11000111001 11111100001 1111001101 11010010110 110110101 11010101111 01001010111 10100111111 1111010101 1111110101 01111110101 0101010101 1111010101 1101010101 1111011100 1101010001
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; 'the, ', i, dead, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words 'the, the, when, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Finis Aeternitatis;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.