This is an analysis of the poem Torture that begins with:
When they torture your mother
plant a tree...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBaBaaBcddBXeXBadcea
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110110 101 1110110 101 1110110 1110 101 110101 110 110 101 11101 11 01 101 1101010 01 111010 111 1010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 347
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 16 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Torture;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.