This is an analysis of the poem Ik Dank U Voor Drij Rozen that begins with:
Ik dank U voor drij rozen
uit lieve hand gekregen...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXXXXX XXaa XXXbaa XXaX XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,6,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110 111100 11010111 11001 11100111 1111 1000 11010111 11010001 1111100 1110101 0111010 11010100 11111101 1110111 1111111 1101101 1110111 11011111 00111000 1010101 110110010 11011101 11111111 10011001 11111110 1011011 11011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, van, die are repeated.
The author used the same word zij at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ik Dank U Voor Drij Rozen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.