This is an analysis of the poem Onder Uw Handen that begins with:
Onder uw handen
die veilig' ogieve...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXX XaXXXXX XXXXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110 11010 11101 01 01 1101011010 10011010010 10110 11010 00110101110 11110 1111 11111 01111 10110 01100 100111 100110 1111011001 11011100 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, en are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word de is repeated.
The author used the same word onder at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Onder Uw Handen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.