This is an analysis of the poem The Lady Of The Lambs that begins with:
She walks -- the lady of my delight --
A shepherdess of sheep.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABabab ababABXababAB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100101 010001 01111101 110001 11010101 110011 11010111 110111 01110011 010111 110100101 010001 11010101 111111 10110111 110101 110100101 010001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 197
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word she is repeated.
The author used the same word she at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word sheep at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Lady Of The Lambs;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.