This is an analysis of the poem After Parting that begins with:
Farewell has long been said; I have forgone thee;
I never name thee even. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababa bbbbb cacac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11110111011 1101110 11111101111 1111110 110010101011 11010101001 1100101 1100001111 1011011111 100101 1111101 1111101111 011111 1101010111 1111111011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 194
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thee, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of After Parting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.