This is an analysis of the poem Alzuna that begins with:
The forest of Alzuna hides a pool.
Beside that pool, a shadowy tree up-towers. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcacA dcdcaaaA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0100100101 011101001110 1111011100 10010100010 01110010101 1011110101 1011010101 0000110101 1101110101 1011011101 0101000111 01010100101 01011011100 0101011111 0101010101 0000110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 365
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Alzuna;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.