This is an analysis of the poem The White Pall Of Peace that begins with:
Over the peaceful veldt,
Silently, snowflakes fall!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XbXb cXcX dada
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101 100111 100110 1001001 1101111 0111101 1001111 111101 1011111 1011001 1001001 101111 1101101 1100111 110101 111001011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 118
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The White Pall Of Peace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Alfred Austin
- Analysis of Three Sonnets Written In Mid-Channel
- Analysis of Time’s Defence
- Analysis of The Passing Of The Century