This is an analysis of the poem Invocation that begins with:
Where Apennine slopes unto Tuscan plain,
And breaks into dimples, and laughs to flowers,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaab cdccX eaeea aaaaa fXffX bgbbg dcddX HHgXg XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110101 11001011010 0110100101 1100100111 11001001110 10101101 11101111 1100101101 1100100111 111101111 1101101111 10101101101 00101001111 1100100101 11001011001 1101101111 1100110111 10110100101 1011101101 11001001101 1100100111 10101100101 110100111 1100111111 11001111010 1111110111 10100110111 10110100111 10100101101 1101011111 1110110101 1010100111 1101101111 1011101101 1111011110 01010101 01010101 01110101 01011111 100101 11010101 11010101 01010110 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 205
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the, no are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines work is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Invocation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.