This is an analysis of the poem Before, Behind, And Beyond that begins with:
O the sunny days before us, before us, before us,
When all was bright... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaXbba aXXaccca addcbbbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101011011011 1111 0101 1010010101 11110101 111110 1111111 1101010 10101011011011 1101 1111 1101011 01010101 1011101 1110111 10111111 1011011011011 1101 0101 0111111 11111101 1010101 1110111 110010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 259
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; us, before, and, behind, beyond are repeated.
The author used the same word o at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines us is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Before, Behind, And Beyond;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.