This is an analysis of the poem At The Lattice that begins with:
Behind the curtain,
With glance uncertain,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcccb dXaddda ccXXeeX ddeeXXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010 01010 111011101 1010 1110 1110 10101010111 01010 11110 1000100010111 111010 101010 101010 1110100101101 1110 101110 101001000101 1000100 011011 101010 10111011101010 101110 111010 10101000101 101010 100100 101010 1010100010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At The Lattice;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Alfred Austin
- Analysis of The Silent Muse
- Analysis of Look Seaward, Sentinel!
- Analysis of Because I Failed, Shall I Asperse The End