This is an analysis of the poem Although No Stupid Scoffer that begins with:
Although no stupid scoffer, I
Am wholly at a loss... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eded afaf bgbg cfcf ghgh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 110101 01010101 110101 11010101 010111 11110111 110101 111101101 110101 10010101 010001 11110101 011101 10110101 110101 11011101 111111 11011110 110101 010111010 100101 111101110 111101 11111101 011101 11011101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 118
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Although No Stupid Scoffer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.