This is an analysis of the poem A Night In June that begins with:
Lady! in this night of June
Fair like thee and holy,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dedeaa fXfghh XgXgii jajadd jajakk Xejedb aXaXaa jgjgll
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1000101 111110 1110101 101010 1110101 1011111 1101111 111010 10100111 101010 111011 1010101 1010111 101010 0111101 011010 1010111 0111011 10100011 1011110 10101010 001010 1010011 1001111 0110111 001110 01101111 101010 1010111 1001101 1111101 001110 1111101 111110 1010111 1010101 1110111 111110 1111101 1011010 1111101 1111100 1111111 111111 1011101 111110 1010101 1110001 1100101 101110 1010111 101010 1111011 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, would are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words from, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Night In June;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.