This is an analysis of the poem Street Circus that begins with:
A small circus is amazing;
It’s for kids who are merry and bright;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXbXbc XXdccdc Xebeded fXfgddXgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,7,7,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01100010 011111011 10110110 101011110 111001011011 1000101 01011100101 01101101 01 10100011010 001001001 11101 1110010 101101101 010010010 01 11110101 0001001 00110111101 10101001010 10101101001 110111010 100011001 1011111 111011101 11100101 1101010111 10101011 11011011001 1010110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 213
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, see, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words see, and, i are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Street Circus;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.