This is an analysis of the poem The Anatomy Of Angels that begins with:
Angels inhabit love songs. But they’re sprites
not seraphim. The angel that up-ended...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba Xcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010111110 11000101110 10110111011 11010111010 1101110011 0101010101 101111001001 1001110011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 175
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Anatomy Of Angels;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Alden Nowlan
- Analysis of Broadcaster's Poem
- Analysis of A Certain Kind Of Holy Men
- Analysis of A Mysterious Naked Man