This is an analysis of the poem A Certain Kind Of Holy Men that begins with:
Not every wino is a Holy Man.
Oh, but some of them are. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdddeXacddXdedbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001000101 111001 11101 011000 11100011 10111 11 0011011 01001010 1101101 1010 1111111 01 11001100 110011 11110 1110001 01 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 470
- Average number of words per stanza: 84
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Certain Kind Of Holy Men;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.