This is an analysis of the poem While Lounging In A Chair that begins with:
While lounging in a chair, I looked up at the ceiling
Where, teasing my imagination,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX bacd beXXXcaed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100011111010 110101010 0101010101 111101011 0101010101011 10010111010 0100110101 1101010 101111111011 1101001 1101000101 1101010 110101010101 0101010 100101010 1000101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 332
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of While Lounging In A Chair;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.