This is an analysis of the poem Nightingales, A Sigh, A Whisper that begins with:
Nightingales, a sigh, a whisper
In a shady nook...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab Xcbc dXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100001010 00101 10101010 00101 10111111 10001 10101110 00111 11101110 11101 10101010 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 102
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Nightingales, A Sigh, A Whisper;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.