This is an analysis of the poem Never that begins with:
I wake. Yes, it's a coffin lid.-With effort
I reach my hands out and I call... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdXe caXffg cfbefa aXbXgX gbXhei iidXah
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11100101010 11111111 111101010 01010011 1011010101 1101110101 1111010101 001111110 1101010101 0101111110 1101110111 111100011 11010101 011110001 11111101 0101010101 11111101 01101101 01010101010 1011010101 1100010111 1101010001 01010000101 0111010101 1101110101 1101011111 11111101 0101110101 011111 01001101010 111101011001 11110101 1101110001 0101000101 11110111 1111100101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, yes, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Never;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.