This is an analysis of the poem Fiskerens Vise that begins with:
Har jeg min Baad, mit Seil og mit Næt,
vil jeg med Jarlen ei bytte....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXaXXbX cbccbdXd XXXXXXXX eXeeaXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111111111 1111011 101101101 100101001 1011011 11101011 1011110 101110 10011101 10111010 10111111 1111111011 10101110 10111111 101101111 101101 1001011101 1011011 100100100 1111101 111111 1111101 101111011 11011 111111 1101011 1000111 101101011 1011011 1111110011 10101101 001100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 260
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; t is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word lige is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines t is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fiskerens Vise;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.