This is an analysis of the poem Fortrøstning that begins with:
Naar eensom og allene
Jeg giennem Landet gaaer,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXXXXX XXXXXXbc XXXXXXXX bXXdXXXX bcXXXdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111 110101 11011 110101 111101 110111 100101 11101 110101 110110 11111 111001 1001100 10010 111010 11101 1111110 110111 1100100 111111 111111 101111 111111 11110 1111110 0011101 11100 11111 1101100 11111 1101110 11011111 1101010 11111 111110 110100 111111 11111101 1111 10111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 221
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; at is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words hvorledes, at, og are repeated.
The author used the same word naar at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fortrøstning;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.