This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Of Motherhood Xxix that begins with:
How strangely lone unto myself I grow,
Listening and looking for I know not what;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba cdecde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101101111 10011011111 1011010111 11001000101 0101001101 1101010111 1101000111 1101010111 11110100011 1001001101 1101110110 0101110111 1111001101 1101110111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 287
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Of Motherhood Xxix;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Zora Bernice May Cross
- Analysis of Sonnet Of Motherhood Xxvii
- Analysis of Sonnet Of Motherhood Xxxi
- Analysis of The Fairie's Fair