This is an analysis of the poem Love Sonnet Xxi that begins with:
If there should be a moon above the hill
To-night, dip down with me into the sea...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaacca XbdXcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0110010101 0111010001 0111010101 1011001101 11011101001 1001010100 1111000100 1111000101 100001110111 1111010101 10101110111 0111010101 1100100100 0101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 279
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love Sonnet Xxi;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.