This is an analysis of the poem Love Sonnet Xliv that begins with:
Love is the sepulchre of all my sin,
If it be sin to let the body sink...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba cdecde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 100100111 0001010101 0111001101 1111110110 1111010101 0101000101 1111011111 1101010101 11010100010 1111111111 1111010011 11010011110 1111110001 1111001111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 292
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, that, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love Sonnet Xliv;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Zora Bernice May Cross
- Analysis of Sonnet Of Motherhood X
- Analysis of Sonnet Of Motherhood Vi
- Analysis of Love Sonnet Lviii