This is an analysis of the poem Freedom that begins with:
I hate to submit to the people's desire.
Who likes a yoke of a slave?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa bXbX cXcX dcdc X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110010010010 1101001 11111010010 1011001 1101001001 01111111 11101101101 111101 1111111011 1101011 1111111001 1011110 11111011010 1001001 10111010010 1001011 010111010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Freedom;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.