This is an analysis of the poem The Power Of Taste that begins with:
It didn’t require great character at all
our refusal disagreement and resistance...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXccdbXeXdXXXbceff XggXfXfba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010110011 101000101010 11010101010 1101000101001 11 0111100101000 10 1101101011 010010 1111011010 10101000100 10001 1110111101 011010010010 1010010 011100001010 110011010001 1001110 10101011 110101001 11101010010 0110110111100 010 01001010010001 01010001001000100 111010100 010011010111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 487
- Average number of words per stanza: 86
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines taste is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Power Of Taste;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.