This is an analysis of the poem We Should Be Stingier that begins with:
We should be stingier
breathing out and breathing in-...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXX bXaX bcdb beXb XfbX XXXf bccX fXeX Xd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100 1011100 101010 0110110 11001100 1010111011 1010 00111 11001001 01101010 1100001000101 10010100 111000010 11111110 11111 110101001 1111010 0011111 0110000101 1101 110010001010 10100010 101011010001 1101101 1110010111 010101101 00110 1111 1011011 011001 101001001 1010010 1 01011011
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 116
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, with are repeated.
The author used the same word we at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of We Should Be Stingier;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.