This is an analysis of the poem I'M An Angel that begins with:
I’ve stopped drinking.
I love my wife....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdXbXXaXcXeXdXcfXfXggefbd X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 27,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110 1111 11110110 1011110 1111100 000101 1111011010 1101010 1111010 0111010 1011101010 110 11101 1100010010 0110 11111 110101 101101111 10101 00110011 11011101 101011 0110100011 1111001 11110101 1101001 010100011001 0101110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 451
- Average number of words per stanza: 81
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase i connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I'M An Angel;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.