This is an analysis of the poem Easter Eve that begins with:
Above the quiet grey earth extended
The festal night-time hung, suspended; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbbXcddXeXbeeddXXccdXaXdXdccXddddXdd X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 39,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011010 010111010 01101010 011001110 101100110 010001010 0100010110 010011010 010101010 0111010010 110111011 101100011 010100111 011001110 011100111 110111101 110111110 110101010 010111011 110101010 110101010 101111010 011101010 100101011 00101010 1000101010 100101010 011101100 100011010 111101110 011000110 110101010 00111010 100101010 010101110 10111010 110010010 010101010 101000010 0101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 774
- Average number of words per stanza: 128
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; feel, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words it, the are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines too is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Easter Eve;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.