This is an analysis of the poem Chance that begins with:
I am a cloud in the sky,
A chance shadow on the wave of your heart. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbX aXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101001 0111101011 1001 11010 01101110011 11101011 1111111 010010 110101 010100010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; on is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Chance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.