This is an analysis of the poem Scorn Not The Sonnet that begins with:
Scorn not the Sonnet; Critic, you have frowned,
Mindless of its just honours; with this key ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXaabbacacadd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101010111 1000110001 1001010100 0011110101 0101010111 0010111001 0101001101 0101001101 0101010111 0111010101 0101111101 1101010001 0101010111 1100010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 621
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Scorn Not The Sonnet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Wordsworth
- Analysis of Resolution And Independence
- Analysis of Mutability
- Analysis of A Parsonage In Oxfordshire