This is an analysis of the poem O Nightingale! Thou Surely Art that begins with:
O Nightingale! thou surely art
A creature of a "fiery heart":--... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbccaaddeeddXXffee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001101 0100010010 11011111 110010011 11100101 11100101 010100101 01111101 11011101 11001101 11011111 01010101 01110011 10011101 10111111 111100011 110101010 100111010 010011101 11010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 711
- Average number of words per stanza: 131
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word his is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O Nightingale! Thou Surely Art;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Wordsworth
- Analysis of Elegiac Stanzas
- Analysis of Composed During A Storm
- Analysis of Michael: A Pastoral Poem