This is an analysis of the poem Elegiac Stanzas Suggested By A Picture Of Peele Castle that begins with:
. I was thy neighbour once, thou rugged Pile!
Four summer weeks I dwelt in sight of thee:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcbcbdede fgfg ahah iiii ejej kfkf caca fifi fcfc acac gege ififXcici
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111011101 1101110101 11110011101 1111010101 1101110101 1111011101 10011110111 0101010101 1011010111 1111010111 1111010101 110010001101 1101100101 00111111101 0111011111 0101010101 1111011101 0101110000 0101111101 1101010101 1111010101 01000100010 0101010101 01010101010 0101000101 1001001111 1101010101 1101010101 1001010011 1101111111 11010101001 0111111001 1101101111 1101000101 01001110101 01011100011 1101011101 0101101110 0100110101 0111110101 1101111001 0111011101 0101111101 0101011101 11010011111 1100010101 1111000101 0101010001 1011010101 1101010101 100001010011 0100110101 1111011101 1001110001 1100010001 0001111101 1101011101 1101010001 1111110111 1011110111
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 205
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, so, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words so, the, of, such, a, this are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase well connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Elegiac Stanzas Suggested By A Picture Of Peele Castle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Wordsworth
- Analysis of England V
- Analysis of Among All Lovely Things My Love Had Been
- Analysis of Inscriptions Written With A Slate Pencil Upon A Stone