This is an analysis of the poem Composed By The Sea-Side, Near Calais, August 1802 that begins with:
FAIR Star of evening, Splendour of the west,
Star of my Country!--on the horizon's brink... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbXacadcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101010001 10110100101 1101011101 1101011101 11100001001 01000010111 1011010111 1101010101 0111011101 0111010111 1001111111 11110101001 1111010111 01111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 635
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, one are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Composed By The Sea-Side, Near Calais, August 1802;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Wordsworth
- Analysis of Methought I Saw The Footsteps Of A Throne
- Analysis of Call Not The Royal Swede Unfortunate
- Analysis of Maternal Grief