This is an analysis of the poem A Jewish Family In A Small Valley Opposite St. Goar, Upon The Rhine that begins with:
GENIUS of Raphael! if thy wings
Might bear thee to this glen,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbcbc bdbdefef gagahbhb ibibcXeh jhjhhbhb jkjkjdjd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101011 111001 010100101 010111 110101001 110100 010010001 1001100 01001111 010111 01110101 111101 11010111 110101 01001111 110101 11110101 110001 11010001 010101 11100101 110111 11100101 110011 11011101 010101 01100101 010001 01010100 1101100 11000101 100101 11010111 1101111 11010111 010001 110100101 010101 100100101 110101 010011101 010011 11010101 010101 11010101 010101 01010101 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 241
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Jewish Family In A Small Valley Opposite St. Goar, Upon The Rhine;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.