This is an analysis of the poem The Eternal Search that begins with:
MY little maiden two years old, just able
To tower full half a head above the table,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11010101110 010110101010 0101011101 1100110101 1100010101 1101010101 11000101001 01001110101 1101010101 0111001101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 404
- Average number of words per stanza: 76
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Eternal Search;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Watson
- Analysis of Scentless Flow'Rs I Bring Thee
- Analysis of Lines In A Flyleaf Of 'Christabel'
- Analysis of The Men Who Man Our Batteries