This is an analysis of the poem The Beautiful Sun that begins with:
Beautiful Sun! with thy golden rays,
To God, the wise Creator, be all praise;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd eeff bbdd bbXX ccgg ffgg ffff ffhh aXaa iibb ffii jjjj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 100101101 0101010011 1110010010 010101001010 01111111 11011101 111001101001 0101101101 1100100111 11011101 10101001111 1010100111 1101011001 1100001011 01110101 010110011 11001110101 11101100010101 1001111010101 111001011010 1100110010001 11101111101 010101011111 110101001101 1100101101 101111011 10111101 1000101001101 11001001011 111001010111001 1110101111 10111001101 1100101001101 100100101 1101010010011001 11000101001 1100101010101 11111001001 10011010101 101101010111 10101001011 0101011001 10101010010011 110001001001 101001101001 0010101 10101011 10011010101 11001010110001 10100111011111 11111111101 0111001011
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 180
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and, thou are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, while are repeated.
The author used the same words thou, how at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word care at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Beautiful Sun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.