This is an analysis of the poem Lines In Praise Of The Lyric Club Banquet that begins with:
Which was Held in the Queens Hotel, Perth, on the Evening of 5th September 1894
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme:
- Stanza lengths (in strings):
- Closest metre:
- Сlosest rhyme:
- Сlosest stanza type:
- Guessed form:
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, of, and, as are repeated.
The author used the same words the, but at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines In Praise Of The Lyric Club Banquet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Topaz McGonagall
- Analysis of Jenny Carrister, The Heroine Of Lucknow-Mine
- Analysis of Lines In Praise Of Professor Blackie
- Analysis of Lines In Memoriam Regarding The Entertainment In Reform Street Hall, Dundee