This is an analysis of the poem The M'Camley Mixture that begins with:
Lank and long,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXbba cdedXXX XeeXXXe fgXXffg fcXcfXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110 111 1100 100 1110 1110 101000101 1010 111 10111 101 1110 1110 11101100 10010 101 1111 11100 110 10110 1011101 100110 111 1110 101 1110 1110 101010 10110 111 1010 101 1010 1110 1010100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The M'Camley Mixture;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.