This is an analysis of the poem Back And Side Go Bare that begins with:
Back and side go bare, go bare,
Both foot and hand go cold;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCB dbebabXBABCB dfbfgbXBABCB ceXeXbdXABCB egXghXhbABCB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,12,12,12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111 111111 1101110101 1000111 11011101 110010 11111111 011101 11111111 111001 11111101 0100111 1111111 111111 1101110101 1000111 111110101 10110010 01011111 1111010 11111111 111011 11111101 0100111 1111111 111111 1101110101 1000111 11111101 1010101 11111111 011101 11110101 1010101 110001111 001001110 1111111 111111 1101110101 1000111 110111111 10101011 11110101 011110 111111101 11010010 110100111 1010111 1111111 111111 1101110101 1000111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 377
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; go, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word old at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Back And Side Go Bare;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.