This is an analysis of the poem When I Met My Muse that begins with:
I glanced at her and took my glasses
off--they were still singing. They buzzed...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXaXbXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011110 11011011 101010101011 10110110 1111101011 111111011 11101110111 10101101110 10110101100 110101100 010100011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 469
- Average number of words per stanza: 89
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of When I Met My Muse;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.