This is an analysis of the poem City Sidewalks that begins with:
Pockets of people and clusters of some;
the running of errands while businesses hum; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd eeec Xbdd X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1001011001 01001011001 1111011101 101001111011 1001011001 01011010111 1001110011 100111011 1111011001 01111101111 101101100111 011001101 01001001001111 01011101 01001011111 101101001111 1010010011111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 131
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of City Sidewalks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.