This is an analysis of the poem Upon A Visit To A Lady Of Quality that begins with:
On fair Asteria's blissful plains,
Where ever-blooming fancy reigns,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd aaaa aaeX bbbb ffee ggeXXggbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100101 11010101 11110101 11011101 11000101 110101001 11011001 11010101 110011101 11100101 110011101 100100101 11011101 11010101 10010101 110101010 01111101 11010101 111101001 10011101 11011101 01010101 0101001011 111100101 11011101 01010101 11010101 11011101 11011101 110011101 110100101 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Upon A Visit To A Lady Of Quality;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.