This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Lx that begins with:
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcbcbdedebb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11011010101 1111010011 1101011101 0101110101 0100100101 100100100101 1010010101 1111110101 1101010111 1101010101 1101000101 1101110101 1101011111 1011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 679
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Lx;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.