This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet 73: That Time Of Year Thou Mayst In Me Behold that begins with:
That time of year thou mayst in me behold,
When yellow leaves, or none, or few do hang... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdXcXcbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1101110101 1101111111 0111110101 1101110111 0111011011 1101110001 1111111101 1101111101 01110100110 1101000111 1011100101 0101101101 0110111111 0111111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 638
- Average number of words per stanza: 122
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Sonnet 73: That Time Of Year Thou Mayst In Me Behold;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.