This is an analysis of the poem Full Fathom Five that begins with:
Full fathom five thy father lies;
Of his bones are coral made; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 0011101 1111001 1001111 1110011 0010111 1110101 11 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 285
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Full Fathom Five;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by William Shakespeare
- Analysis of Sonnet 116: Let Me Not To The Marriage Of True Minds
- Analysis of Hark! Hark! The Lark
- Analysis of Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind