This is an analysis of the poem Willow Waly! that begins with:
[HE.] PRITHEE, pretty maiden - prithee, tell me true
(Hey, but I'm doleful, willow, willow waly!)... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaAbbA cXcAddA cXXAeeA fXfAaaA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101111 11010111110 11100100100101 111101 111010 011010 111101 110111010011 11110111110 11111110101 111101 111111 101011 111101 11101001101 11010111110 11111001010 111101 101010 1101010 111101 110111010101 11110111110 1111111111101 111101 0101011 1111111 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 228
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; willow, i are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it, you are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word o at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Willow Waly!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.