This is an analysis of the poem They'Ll None Of 'Em Be Missed that begins with:
As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list - I've got a little list... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccbbbB cbcbddXXbb ebeBaXaffbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101101010101 110101110101 0100101110101 1110101110101 101000100111101 11011101110101 11011101111001 11010101110111 111101110111001 10100011010001 101010001010001 10010100111101 101011101110011 110101110101 101001100010101 110010110010101 101000100110101 1110111011101010 1110100100010100 111101011101 11101101110101 0010100111101 11010101110101 10100011010001 101010100010101 11111110111110 1 11111101110111 01010101110101 101010101110101 110100011010001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 590
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 56 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; be, who, all, hands, and, of, 'st are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words all, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word missed at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of They'Ll None Of 'Em Be Missed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.