This is an analysis of the poem The Heavy Dragoon that begins with:
If you want a receipt for that popular mystery,
Known to the world as a Heavy Dragoon,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXababaXXbXbaaXXcXDDEX bbXbXbXbddeecXDDEX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,18,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01100111100100 1001101010 1100100100100 1001001001 0101101100100 1001101001 0100101110100 1001001010 0101010101100 1001011011 0100101101100 1001001011 0100110100100 100100101100 100100110100 100101101000 1011001001 1001011010 101100110100 101100101100 1001011101 10101000100 01100110100101 1101001011 0100100100100 1010001001 0101100101100 100101001 0110100100100 1011001001 0100100101100 1011000100100 100100100101 100101110101 1001001001 1010011010 101100110100 101100101100 1001011101 10101000100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 859
- Average number of words per stanza: 147
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The author used the same word if at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines him is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word residuum at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Heavy Dragoon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.